In the wake of record-setting attendance and donations in 2011, the Indiana Rail Road Company will bring Santa Claus to the rails for the 23rd annual Santa Train from Nov. 30 through Dec. 2.
The Indiana Rail Road Santa Train will visit 12 southern Indiana and Illinois communities over its three-day 2012 run, delivering goodwill, donated winter clothing and Santa Claus to thousands of children.
In 2011, nearly 6,800 customers — 3,473 of them children — visited the Santa Train, shattering the old attendance record by almost 1,000. Nearly 50 Santa Train sponsors also delivered a record $33,000 in contributions, making it possible for INRD to assist families in need.
Every child who visits the Indiana Rail Road Santa Train gets to sit on Santa’s lap, and admission is free. Wabash Valley stops for the Santa Train:
Dec. 1 (Indiana stops, times EST)
• Solsberry/Yoho Store at Indiana 43, 8:30 to 10 a.m.
• Bloomfield/Seminary Street, 11 a.m. to noon
• Linton/State Road 59 and C Street, 1:30 to 3 p.m.
• Dugger/Main Street, 4 to 5 p.m.
• Jasonville/City Park (new location), 6 to 7 p.m.
Dec. 2 (Illinois stops, times CST)
• Newton/South Van Buren St., 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Oblong/South Range St., 1:45 to 2:45 p.m.
• Palestine/Lincoln St., 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.