- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- The Woods splits two with Marian College Ashley Loomis belted two solo home runs in the first game Tuesday, but they weren’t enough to prevent a 3-2 St. Mary-of-the-Woods loss to visiting Marian College.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods greets its new leader Students, staff and faculty at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College welcomed their incoming president, David Behrs, with open arms during a reception Tuesday.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods lines up Lexee Hayes, expects solid recruiting class St. Mary-of-the-Woods will get the first of what could be a very interesting group of Wabash Valley basketball recruits at 10 a.m. Wednesday, when Northview’s Lexee Hayes signs a letter of intent at her high school.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods blows out its opponent West Vigo graduate Amber Lydick poured in 27 points on 10-for-19 shooting as Saint Mary-of-the-Woods (5-18) cruised to a 86-66 women’s basketball victory against Stephens College on Saturday.
- SMWC hires first male president David G. Behrs is making history at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College.
Rose women's basketball bakes up lopsided win over Woods
The St. Mary-of-the-Woods women’s basketball team limited Rose-Hulman to 38.1 percent shooting in the first half of their intra-county game at Hulbert Arena on Wednesday, and even held Rose-Hulman standout Rebekah Forsyth to 6 points.
It was the dictionary definition of a Pyrrhic victory.
- Power of Publishing workshop planned
- Music auditions set Saturday at The Woods
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods open house this weekend
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods prof releases second book St. Mary-of-the-Woods College professor Chris (C.S.) Marks has delved into the art of fantasy fiction again with the release of the book “Fire-heart,” the second novel in the “Tales of Alterra, the World that Is” series.
- Woods WED enrollment increases slightly St. Mary-of-the-Woods College has experienced a modest increase in the number of full-time equivalent students enrolled in the College’s Woods External Degree program, but a decline in overall enrollment.
- The Woods suspends college soccer program When the 2005 season ended with St. Mary-of-the-Woods hosting the national United State Collegiate Athletic Association women’s soccer tournament and with a relative successful season for the Pomeroys themselves, SMWC coach Mike Aycock said he and his players could have never predicted what transpired Thursday.
The Woods tabs Rodgers as softball coach
There will be no learning curve for the new St. Mary-of-the-Woods softball coach.
Gary Rodgers, a Robinson, Ill. native, was named to the post Thursday, replacing Amanda Neal. Rodgers has 32 years of junior college and high school experience as he enters his first four-year college job at SMWC.