- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods College announces budget measures The downturn in the economy is taking a toll at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College, where donations to its Annual Fund are down 40 percent, or about $250,000, over the same time last year, college President David Behrs said in a letter to faculty and staff.
- Women's Basketball Rivalry: Rose-Hulman continues recent momentum against Woods It took Rose-Hulman nine years and a day to finally wrest the Clabber Girl Trophy from the grasp of St. Mary-of-the-Woods — the latter school winning the first 11 games in this cross-town rivalry which began in December of 1995.
- Injury bug bites Pomeroys hard St. Mary-of-the-Woods coach Deanna Bradley had high expectations prior to this season, anticipating a welcome turnaround in the school’s struggling women’s basketball fortunes.
- Woods faculty, students, grads attend music therapy conference Tracy Richardson, associate professor and director of the Master of Arts in Music Therapy program at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College, and Sharon R. Boyle, associate professor of music therapy at SMWC, recently attended the American Music Therapy Association Annual Conference in St. Louis.
- Apply now for Top Ten on 10 St. Mary-of-the-Woods College is still accepting applications for the Top Ten on 10 Scholarship Competition.
Fall tours will highlight beauty, peacefulness of St. Mary-of-the-Woods
One of the most breathtakingly beautiful, spiritual and peaceful times to visit St. Mary-of-the-Woods is in the fall.
Providence Center, the official welcome center and a ministry of the Sisters of Providence of St. Mary-of-the-Woods, invites the public to enjoy special fall tours. Individuals and smaller groups of two or more people are welcome to sign up for the special Sunday tours, starting at 1 p.m. this Sunday. Additional tours will be given Oct. 26 and Nov. 23. Tour participants should meet at the stained glass window at the west end inside the Providence Center lobby.
- The Woods hosts intercollegiate horse show Saturday, Sunday St. Mary-of-the-Woods College equestrian team is hosting the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association Zone 9, Region I “Kick-Off” competition Saturday and Sunday, and Bob Cacchione, founder and executive director of the IHSA will be in attendance as the college’s special guest.
- Rose downs The Woods 6-0 on soccer field Rose-Hulman and Liz Ridgway proved too much for St. Mary-of-the-Woods on Wednesday, the Engineers prevailing with a 6-0 women’s college soccer victory at the Rose-Hulman intramural field.
- Woods business prof presents ‘Virtual Team Play’ at leadership conference Jennie Mitchell, professor of business at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College, recently presented “Virtual Team Play” at the 2008 National Student Leadership Conference.
- Metro Sports: North grad Rosselli signs with the Woods Danielle Rosselli, a 2008 graduate of Terre Haute North High School, is the first student-athlete to sign with the new women’s golf team at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College.
- Woods Equestrian teams earn high marks at Nationals In May, members of the St. Mary-of-the-Woods College Hunter Seat and Western Equestrian teams traveled to the Los Angeles Equestrian Center in Burbank, Calif., to compete at the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association Nationals, and many team members received high marks for their riding skills.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods selected as technology grant recipient St. Mary-of-the-Woods College has been selected as one of 39 two- and four-year colleges and universities in the United States and Puerto Rico to receive a 2008 HP Technology for Teaching grant.
- After lengthy rain delay, Woods declared national softball champion St. Mary-of-the-Woods coaches and players figured they might play Robert Morris-Springfield again after slipping past that team 2-1 Saturday night in the championship bracket of the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association national softball tournament.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods softball moves into USCAA national championship game St. Mary-of-the-Woods put itself in the championship game of the USCAA national softball tournament late Saturday night at Borg-Warner Sports Complex.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods softball wins first two at national tourney
- Let’s play two! Rose, Woods split softball doubleheader The two Vigo County collegiate rivals split their annual doubleheader, the Woods winning the first game 7-1, before the host Engineers withstood a late rally by SMWC — the final out a bit controversial — to win the nightcap 7-4 on Thursday.
Crosstown rivalry: Rose women roll to victory
Rebounding, rebounding and more rebounding.
Rose-Hulman outrebounded visiting St. Mary-of-the-Woods by a staggering advantage of 55-20 to provide the impetus for a dominating 77-53 victory in the 15th Clabber Girl Trophy women’s college basketball game at Hulbert Arena on Monday.
- Rose women host St. Mary-of-the-Woods today in crosstown battle Rose-Hulman Institute and St. Mary-of-the-Woods will meet in the annual Clabber Girl Trophy women’s basketball game tonight in Rose-Hulman’s Hulbert Arena.
- Against Spalding, turnovers doom St. Mary-of-the-Woods basketball St. Mary-of-the-Woods committed 26 turnovers and were easily defeated by Spalding College 80-54 in a women’s basketball game on Tuesday.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods basketball topped by Taylor St. Mary-of-the-Woods dropped its women’s college basketball home season opener to Taylor University 94-51 at the Old Clinton Gym on Tuesday.
- Designer of Woods presidential medallion combines talents of many On Friday, when David G. Behrs was installed as the 15th president of St. Mary-of-the-Woods College, he received a very special medallion — a medallion that combined the talents of many to convey the inauguration theme, Journey of Promise.
- Pugh sets record in Woods’ victory Terre Haute freshman Erin Pugh set a school record for goals in a game by scoring four for St. Mary-of-the-Woods College in a 5-4 women’s soccer victory over visiting Iowa Wesleyan on Wednesday.
One goal is all it takes for St. Mary-of-the-Woods soccer to beat Robert Morris
Freshman Erin Pugh of Terre Haute tallied the only goal — a kick from close range in the first half — to help St. Mary-of-the-Woods blank host Robert Morris-Springfield 1-0 in women’s college soccer Wednesday.
- St. Mary-of-the-Woods recognized as one of best colleges in Midwest St. Mary-of-the-Woods College earned the 19th spot among the Best Baccalaureate Colleges-Midwest in the 2008 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Butler to serve at Woods Statistics won’t tell the whole story about why Brittany Butler is another key member of the current basketball recruiting class at St. Mary-of-the-Woods.
- Woods’ Ashley Loomis ‘a tremendous force’ at national finals Rosedale’s Ashley Loomis remembers a league softball game she pitched when she was about 11. She can laugh about it now, but back then it wasn’t funny. She hit 11 opposing batters with pitches.
- Pomeroys win softball championship St. Mary-of-the-Woods left no doubt which softball team was superior in the 2007 U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association national tournament Friday and Saturday at the Roundhouse Complex.
- Woods opens national tourney with bang St. Mary-of-the-Woods won its two pool games, thumping Penn State-Beaver 11-1 and Briarcliffe 18-1 in a pair of five-inning affairs to open play in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association national softball tournament Friday at the Roundhouse Complex.
- The Woods to play for another U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association title The Pomeroys of St. Mary-of-the-Woods College may have a different softball coach this season, but their team mission is the same.
The Woods takes two softball games from county rival Rose-Hulman
“Senior Day” at St. Mary-of-the-Woods must have looked like so much fun that junior teammate Ashley Loomis thought she’d join the party.
Loomis, a former Riverton Parke High School standout, pitched a complete game in the opener, went 6 for 6
- More Saint Mary-of-the-Woods Headlines