TERRE HAUTE —
To make a college education more accessible, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and Catholic Charities in Terre Haute continue to conduct an annual scholarship award program.
Established in 2011, the program is designed to help clients of Catholic Charities, who might not otherwise have the opportunity to further their education, to earn a degree at SMWC.
A full-tuition scholarship will be awarded to one person each year for enrollment in SMWC, online or graduate programs. The applicant must meet all college admission requirements. The value of the scholarship may be up to $110,000, and applications will be accepted through March 15.
Selection of the scholarship award recipient is based on the recommendation of the Catholic Charities Scholarship Committee. To qualify for the scholarship, the student must:
- have participated in a program sponsored by Catholic Charities in Terre Haute
- apply and be admitted to Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College,
- apply for financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form,
- plan to attend full-time as a degree seeking student,
- complete a Catholic Charities Terre Haute Scholarship official application, 500-word essay and interview, and
- obtain and submit a referral letter from a program director of Catholic Charities.
For more information, visit www.CatholicCharitiesTerreHaute.org or call Catholic Charities at 812-232-1447. To make a gift to this scholarship, contact SMWC at 812-535-5225.