VIRAL VIDEO: 'Night Before Christmas' in celebrity voices
Bill Cosby. Robin Williams. Liam Neeson. Jay Leno. These are just a few of the celebrity voices included in a comedian's rendition of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
VIDEO: 74-foot spruce shines in Rockefeller Center
The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree was set aglow on Wednesday night, putting a spotlight on a small-town spruce from Pennsylvania and ringing in the holiday season.
VIDEO: Entire 2011 hurricane season in less than 5 minutes
Hurricane season ends today, and forecasters with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – which tracks tropical weather – have released a video that shows satellite imagery of the entire 2011 storm season.
- SLIDESHOW: 20 must-see films for the holiday season One of the best ways to relax and remove yourself from the season’s stress is by taking time to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa or cider and watch holiday-themed films.
VIRAL VIDEO: Kids cover living room in flour
There's no question toddlers are capable of making some serious messes, and the latest viral video making the rounds on YouTube claims to show an award-winning mess made by two boys and a bag of flour.
VIRAL VIDEO: Hillary Clinton cracks up at half-naked man
Photo ops involving political and business leaders aren’t usually very funny. But a surprise appearance by a half-naked man carrying a torch during an event in Honolulu gave Secretary of State Hillary Clinton a good laugh.
VIRAL VIDEO: Police officers chase dog on freeway
Helicopter video shot Wednesday afternoon shows motorcycle officers with the Arizona Department of Public Safety chasing a small dog on the freeway in Tempe, Ariz.
- SLIDESHOW: Veterans Day 2011 Veterans and first responders of the Wabash Valley are honored in stories, ceremonies, and solemn vigil leading up to the Veterans Day parade and a special observance on 11.11.11.
VIDEO: Hoosier Veterans History Project celebrates 10,000 interviews
As we honor Veterans Day, Sen. Richard G. Lugar is proud to announce more than 10,000 Hoosier Veterans History Project interviews have been archived at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
VIDEO: Grand jury indicts couple in kidnapping
A Terre Haute man and a Prairie Creek woman have been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with a July kidnapping in which they allegedly took a 4-year-old boy from his mother and crossed multiple state lines.
VIDEO: 20th baby on the way for Duggar family
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, stars of the reality show “19 Kids and Counting,” are expecting their 20th child, the couple announced Tuesday on “The Today Show.”
- SLIDESHOW: Study reveals 15 scariest jobs CareerBuilder recently asked workers to rank the most frightening jobs. In celebration of Halloween, here are the 15 professions that have people quaking in their boots.
VIDEO: Police: Shooting suspect in custody
A man police believe shot a motel clerk here is now behind bars in Bloomington.
- SLIDESHOW: Amazing jack-o-lantern designs For pumpkin-carving pros, the standard spooky face design just isn’t enough. Check out these photos of elaborate and creative jack-o-lanterns.
VIDEO: Hotdoggers spread miles of smiles driving Wienermobile
“This is awesome,” Lawrence Paige said laughing Thursday morning just after the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile pulled up in front of Kroger on Wabash Avenue.
- SLIDESHOW: Stay scared: 10 most haunted hotels in America An overnight stay at a haunted hotel is a nightmare come true for many thrill-seeking tourists, and travel website TripAdvisor has named the top 10 places where you can scare up a good vacation.
- SLIDESHOW: Fall colors on display across the U.S. The change in seasons brings a vivid display of fall foliage. Check out this gallery of photos of autumn colors from across the United States.
- SLIDESHOW: Marine's body returned home The body of Marine Lance Cpl. Thomas John Soeurt Jr. of Prairieton in southern Vigo County, who died on Oct. 4, 2011, at Camp Lejeune, N.C., returned home Tuesday, Oct. 11. A hearse transported "Tommy John" from Indianapolis to Terre Haute, traveling mostly along U.S. 40 during the early evening hours. Motorcycle mounted police officers and about 50 members of the Indiana Patriot Guard escorted Soeurt's body. Soeurt was born on Nov. 28, 1988, to Thomas J. Soeurt and Michelle (Hunt) Soeurt Dery. He enlisted in 2007 after his graduation from Terre Haute South Vigo High School. He is survived by his father; his mother and stepfather, Michelle and William Dery; two sisters, Tiffany Jaye Soeurt and Cpl. Tori Jo Florek and her husband Sgt. Jason Florek; stepbrother, Zach Dery; stepsister, Kristen Dery; grandparents, James and Patricia Hunt and Nancy Soeurt; and aunts, uncles and cousins. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Merle Soeurt. Funeral services will begin at 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, in DeBaun Springhill Chapel at 85 E. Springhill Drive. Burial with full military honors will be in New Harmony Cemetery.
LOCATOR MAP: Need a flu shot? Find vaccination sites near you
The flu season is approaching and people are encouraged to get a flu vaccine. Use this interactive map to find a location near you and get vaccinated.
- SLIDESHOW: Columbus Day at Terre Haute Children's Museum Vigo County schools were out on Monday, Oct. 10, but learning continued in the Terre Haute Children's Museum with its Columbus Day program. Free coffee and hot chocolate were part of the hands-on activities as children learned about Christopher Columbus and his adventures. The museum is at the corner of Eighth Street and Wabash Avenue in downtown Terre Haute. Regular admission is $7 for adults and children 2 and older; free for children up to 24 months. (Tribune-Star photos/Bob Poynter)
- SLIDESHOW: Homeownership down in 2010: Which states have highest, lowest rates? The rate of homeownership in the United States has dropped by the highest percentage since the Great Depression, according to the latest housing statistics from the U.S. Census. Which states have the highest and lowest rates?
VIDEO: Fraud nets 4-year term for former pharmacist
A former Terre Haute pharmacist has been sentenced to more than four years in federal prison for his role in an Indiana Medicaid fraud scheme.
VIDEO: Nearly 3,000 join fight with Komen Race for the Cure
The color pink covered the downtown streets on a chilly morning Saturday, as thousands gathered to Race for the Cure.
VIDEO: Pioneer Living
The Vigo County Parks and Recreation Department celebrated its 39th annual Fowler Park Pioneer Days Oct. 1 and 2. Every fall season the public is invited to step back in time and enjoy a simpler way of life.
- SLIDESHOW: Best hospitals in the U.S. for 2011-12 When someone is sick or injured, they want to know they're getting quality care. According to U.S. News & World Report, the following rank as the nation's top 13 hospitals, with high scores in six or more of their specialties.
VIDEO: Learning on the Move: Family Learning Day activities take participants all over Vigo County
The streets seemed brighter Saturday morning as children moseyed from stop to stop amid a day for family learning.
SLIDESHOW: Tips to help parents judge books for children
While the book-protesting actions of motivated parents and school boards make headlines, what gets lost in the shuffle is what goes on in each of our homes. As Banned Books Week begins, one librarian offers tips for parents weighing what kind of reading material to share with their children.
SLIDESHOW: Organic: Is it worth it?
“Organic” has long been one of those buzzwords floating around health- and food-conscious communities. The fact is, though, not a lot of studies actually confirm that people who eat organic food are more healthy than those who don’t.
- SLIDESHOW: Who will win Emmys? See most-nominated TV shows Some epic HBO dramas along with a few popular comedy staples lead the way in nominations for the 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards, which air Sunday night.
- SLIDESHOW: 10 states with highest poverty rates The country’s overall poverty rate increased in 2010 to its highest level since 1993, according to figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau this week. So which states are among the nation's poorest?
- More Multimedia Headlines
- VIRAL VIDEO: 'Night Before Christmas' in celebrity voices