- SLIDESHOW: Week-long Super Bowl celebration begins Football fans descend on Super Bowl Village in downtown Indianapolis in advance of Super Bowl XLVI between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants.
- SLIDESHOW: Patriots best Ravens in AFC Championship The Patriots defeat the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 in the AFC Championship game, securing a spot in Super Bowl XLVI against the New York Giants.
VIDEO/POLL: Websites go dark in protest of anti-piracy bill
Dozens of internet websites – from web resources like Wikipedia to online communities like Reddit – went dark Wednesday in protest of a bill in Congress that aims to stop online piracy.
VIDEO: Total-ly In: Education students ‘totally immersed in the schools’
Kayla Blackburn stood in front of the fourth grade classroom with a book clasped in her hands.
“I am excited to see what happens next because I have never read this story before,” said the senior elementary and special education major from Carmel. “Fingers up, on the first word. I’m going to start reading, then I’ll take volunteers.”
VIDEO: Building trades may be cut from right-to-work bill
A conservative Republican lawmaker will push to exempt 15 building trade unions from a controversial labor bill that would put an end to mandatory union dues.
VIDEO: 4 Indiana Guard soldiers’ bodies return to homeland
The bodies of four members of an Indiana National Guard unit killed in a roadside bombing in Afghanistan have been returned to the United States. The father of the only survivor of the roadside bombing says his son is in a drug-induced coma at a Virginia hospital.
VIDEO: 2012 Indiana General Assembly: Right-to-work and GOP are back, but most Democrats stay away as session opens
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels rolled back new Statehouse security rules aimed at limiting the number of protesters in the building as a contentious legislative session got underway Wednesday.
- SLIDESHOW: Feed the birds Bill Cardwell loaded another bag of nyjer seed into his shopping cart on a recent afternoon in Rural King. He has purchased 300 pounds of seed so far this winter to keep his five finch feeders filled. Meanwhile, Eric Parker and his stepson, Alex Lugiewicz, recently filled bird feeders behind their home near Carbon. Parker said he bought and fed about 1,000 pounds of bird feed last year, but due to higher prices has had to cut back a little this year. Photos by Tribune-Star photographer Jim Avelis
TRIBUNE-STAR SERIES: 2011 in review
A four-part series looking at Terre Haute and Vigo County news events from 2011.
• ChemGen growth among Valley’s good economic news
• Many new construction projects started in last year
• The year in public safety and criminal justice
• Education shaped Valley in 2011
- SLIDESHOW: Top 10 money-making movie stars of 2011 Which movie stars were the biggest box-office draw in 2011? A Quigley Publishing Company poll asked movie theater owners to vote on who they thought brought in the most revenue this year.
POLL: Top 10 news stories of 2011
The killing of Osama bin Laden during a raid by Navy SEALs on his hideout in Pakistan was the top news story of 2011, according to The Associated Press' annual poll of U.S. editors and news directors. Here are 2011's top 10 stories, in order, along with a poll for you to cast your vote on the biggest story of the year.
VIDEO: Holiday greetings from Terre Haute, other Indiana troops
There are more than 5,000 greetings online for Christmas 2011 from service men and women overseas.
VIRAL VIDEO: Senior citizens stage flash mob
Flash mobs aren't just for teenagers anymore. A group of senior citizens proved it recently after staging a song and dance inside the Christmas decorations department of the Target store in Lawrence, Kan.
VIDEO: Top 10 fastest-rising Google searches in 2011
Technology and celebrity dominated the top 10 list of fastest-growing Google searches in 2011, but it was a 13-year-old girl and her mockable music video that rocketed to the top spot for sudden Internet interest, according to Google’s Zeitgeist for 2011.
VIDEO/POLL: Time's 2011 Person of the Year: The Protester
"The Protester" has been named Time's "Person of the Year" for 2011. The magazine says that all over the world, The Protester embodied the idea that individual action can bring collective change.
VIDEO: Will Ferrell stands at crossroads, odd locations in Terre Haute ads
America is at a crossroads, and Will Ferrell stands right in the middle of it.
VIRAL VIDEO: 'Night Before Christmas' in celebrity voices
Bill Cosby. Robin Williams. Liam Neeson. Jay Leno. These are just a few of the celebrity voices included in a comedian's rendition of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
VIDEO: 74-foot spruce shines in Rockefeller Center
The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree was set aglow on Wednesday night, putting a spotlight on a small-town spruce from Pennsylvania and ringing in the holiday season.
VIDEO: Entire 2011 hurricane season in less than 5 minutes
Hurricane season ends today, and forecasters with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – which tracks tropical weather – have released a video that shows satellite imagery of the entire 2011 storm season.
- SLIDESHOW: 20 must-see films for the holiday season One of the best ways to relax and remove yourself from the season’s stress is by taking time to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa or cider and watch holiday-themed films.
VIRAL VIDEO: Kids cover living room in flour
There's no question toddlers are capable of making some serious messes, and the latest viral video making the rounds on YouTube claims to show an award-winning mess made by two boys and a bag of flour.
VIRAL VIDEO: Hillary Clinton cracks up at half-naked man
Photo ops involving political and business leaders aren’t usually very funny. But a surprise appearance by a half-naked man carrying a torch during an event in Honolulu gave Secretary of State Hillary Clinton a good laugh.
VIRAL VIDEO: Police officers chase dog on freeway
Helicopter video shot Wednesday afternoon shows motorcycle officers with the Arizona Department of Public Safety chasing a small dog on the freeway in Tempe, Ariz.
- SLIDESHOW: Veterans Day 2011 Veterans and first responders of the Wabash Valley are honored in stories, ceremonies, and solemn vigil leading up to the Veterans Day parade and a special observance on 11.11.11.
VIDEO: Hoosier Veterans History Project celebrates 10,000 interviews
As we honor Veterans Day, Sen. Richard G. Lugar is proud to announce more than 10,000 Hoosier Veterans History Project interviews have been archived at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
VIDEO: Grand jury indicts couple in kidnapping
A Terre Haute man and a Prairie Creek woman have been indicted by a federal grand jury in connection with a July kidnapping in which they allegedly took a 4-year-old boy from his mother and crossed multiple state lines.
VIDEO: 20th baby on the way for Duggar family
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, stars of the reality show “19 Kids and Counting,” are expecting their 20th child, the couple announced Tuesday on “The Today Show.”
- SLIDESHOW: Study reveals 15 scariest jobs CareerBuilder recently asked workers to rank the most frightening jobs. In celebration of Halloween, here are the 15 professions that have people quaking in their boots.
VIDEO: Police: Shooting suspect in custody
A man police believe shot a motel clerk here is now behind bars in Bloomington.
- SLIDESHOW: Amazing jack-o-lantern designs For pumpkin-carving pros, the standard spooky face design just isn’t enough. Check out these photos of elaborate and creative jack-o-lanterns.
- More Multimedia Headlines