The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Tuesday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Cody L. Julian, 21, 600 block of East Sycamore Street, Jasonville, booked 5:48 a.m. Battery-aggravated and interference crime reporting.
• George H. Hays, 28, 600 block of West Walnut, Robinson, Ill., booked 2:35 p.m. Fraud.
• Jerry W. Parks, 55, 1300 block of North 26th Street, Terre Haute, booked 2:52 p.m. Court order.
• Teresa L. Joy, 48, 1500 block of Illiana Drive, West Terre Haute, booked 3:21 p.m. Habitual traffic violator.
• Paul R. Hoffert, 42, 1200 block of North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, booked 5:02 p.m. Burglary (two counts).
• Robert W. Scott III, 40, no address given, Terre Haute, booked 6:02 p.m. Public intoxication and criminal trespass.
• William L. Adkins, 30, 1400 block of Grand Avenue, Terre Haute, booked 7:55 p.m. Criminal conversion.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.