TERRE HAUTE —
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Heidi D. Dill, 24, 4200 block of Barton, West Terre Haute, booked at 2:48 p.m. Wednesday. Court order (2 counts).
• Joshua E. Joseph, 22, 1100 block of North Seventh Street, Terre Haute, booked at 3:15 p.m. Wednesday. Bond revocation.
• Steven G. Ethington, 25, 500 block of South Fourth Street, Terre Haute, booked at 3:44 p.m. Wednesday. Contempt of court.
• Paul M. Pennell Jr., 20, 5700 block of South Union, Terre Haute, booked at 5:02 p.m. Wednesday. Failure to appear.
• Richard Elkins, 58, 8100 block of East Gospel Grove Avenue, Terre Haute, booked at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Possession of firearm and possession of handgun.
• Charles G. Baechler, 19, 5500 block of Wabash Avenue, Terre Haute, booked at 8:47 p.m. Wednesday. Possession of marijuana/hash and possession of paraphernalia.
• Alex J. Whitman, 25, 800 block of North 131⁄2 Street, Terre Haute, booked at 9:34 p.m. Wednesday. Driving while suspended.
• William H. England, 37, 200 block of South Sixth Street, West Terre Haute, booked at 10:07 p.m. Wednesday. Maintaining a common nuisance and possession of paraphernalia.
• Alisha S. Morris, 35, 200 block of South Sixth Street, West Terre Haute, booked at 10:16 p.m. Wednesday. Failure to appear.
• Saleh S. Aldablan, 25, 1600 block of Heritage Lane, Terre Haute, booked at 12:19 a.m. Thursday. Possession of marijuana/hash and operating while intoxicated.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.