TERRE HAUTE —
Vigo County Jail Log
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement onFriday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Steve Hoffman, 24, 2400 block of North 15th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:17 a.m. Theft.
• Luis D. Aguilar, 29, 2400 block of North 15th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:28 a.m. Theft, possession of paraphernalia and possession of marijuana/hash.
• Thomas M. McDaniel, 20, 1600 block of South Ninth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:32 a.m. Theft.
• Arlo A. Paletis, 29, 10 block of South 16th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 10:20 a.m. Bond revocation.
• James B. Stabler, 60, 2500 block of South 19th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 12:18 p.m. Public intoxication.
• Richard W. Williams, 30, 10 block of Foulkes Drive, Terre Haute. Booked 1:15 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Paul D. Hunt, 21, 1500 block of South Nucor Road, Crawfordsville. Booked 1:38 p.m. Disorderly conduct.
• Richard L. Friend, 36, 8600 block of South East Messer Road, Gelana, Kan. Booked 2:14 p.m. Possession of marijuana/hash and glue/paint sniffing.
• Monte M. Lesure, 34, 3400 block of North Ireland Drive, Indianapolis. Booked 3:35 p.m. Court order.
• Lisa A. Schwartz, 40, 4500 block of South Gaslight Place, Terre Haute. Booked 4:07 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Glen Lawson, 33, 6300 block of South Arlington Avenue, Indianapolis. Booked 5:04 p.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Lana A. Massey, 47, 2200 block of Boston Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 5:38 p.m. Leaving scene-property damage.
• James B. Stabler, 60, 2500 block of South 19th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 8:19 p.m. Criminal trespassing.
• Oscar E. Foster, 53, 2300 block of Locust Street, Terre Haute. Booked 8:46 p.m. Disorderly conduct and battery.
• Joshua M. Lankford, 33, 9100 block of North Baldwin Street, Fontanet. Booked 9:42 p.m. Failure to appear (four counts).
• Robert S. Miller, 37, 1900 block of Saint Joe Center Road, Fort Wayne. Booked 9:45 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Storm D. Sandifer, 20, 5600 block of Winthrop Court, Terre Haute. Booked 8:25 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Brandi L. Bryant, 27, 900 block of Springdale Lane, Terre Haute. Booked 2:13 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Michael E. Smith, 50, 2900 block of North 15 1/2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:45 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Brandy Flowers, 33, 4200 block of North 15th Street, Rosedale. Booked 5:24 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Jerry A. Ellinger, 36, 2900 block of South Thompson Street, Terre Haute. Booked 10:34 p.m. Violation of court order.
• Gary D. Wardlow, 32, 900 block of Indiana Street, Brazil. Booked 11:38 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Ronald A. McCall, 42, 1500 block of Woodley Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 12:39 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Shawn M. Icenogle, 27, 4000 block of South Heritage Trail, Terre Haute. Booked 2:39 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Kyle R. Lutes, 23, 7400 block of Pinecroft Court, Terre Haute. Booked 4:23 a.m. Operating while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.
• Jordan A. Novotney, 27, 2600 block of Deming Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:33 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Jeffrey L. Whitsit, 20, 1500 block of Woodley Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 4:50 a.m. Disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Leland Carson, 29, 1400 block of Second Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 5:13 a.m. Nonsupport of a child.
• Jon T. Marshall, 35, 2500 block of North 12th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:20 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Antonio O. Petty, 33, 1600 block of Sycamore Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:36 a.m. Battery-domestic, strangulation and interference crime.
• David Y. Gilbert, 19, 1000 block of South Fourth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 7:37 a.m. Minor consuming.
• Lisa M. Dorsey, 41, 11400 block of Lake Road, Terre Haute. Booked 10:01 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Crystal Abel, 30, 4200 block of South Avery Street, Tell City. Booked 3:24 p.m. Theft.
• Harry E. Smith IV, 35, 900 block of North Chamberlain Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:03 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Quron M. Kenebrew, 19, 1900 block of North Third Street, Terre Haute. Booked 7:23 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Ruben N. Wright, 29, 500 block of Swan Street, Terre Haute. Booked 9:48 p.m. Criminal trespassing and resisting law enforcement.
• Cynthia J. Bailey, 40, 11200 block of East U.S. 40, Terre Haute. Booked 1:13 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Hanna M. Hankins, 24, 1800 block of North 13th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 2:41 a.m. Operating while intoxicated and possession of marijuana/hash.
• Randall West, 23, 800 block of South Sixth Street, West Terre Haute. Booked 2:58 a.m. Resisting law enforcement assisting a criminal.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
TERRE HAUTE —
Vigo County Jail Log
- Local & Bistate
Ill. House approves guns plan opposed by governor
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Gun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances — including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.
Vigo County Jail Log: May 24, 2013
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on jail records.
Vigo County Jail Log: May 23, 2013
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on jail records.
Relic from another age: Massive find
A mastodon that lived in the Wabash Valley thousands of years ago is making big news today.
Game Over: Financial tightening causes VCSC to drop St. Patrick’s from athletic schedule
St. Patrick’s School athletic teams will not have an opportunity to compete against their Vigo County School Corp. middle school counterparts next year.
Katelyn Newell finally at home
After nearly five months, 8-year-old Katelyn Newell finally returned home Thursday evening — with a new heart.
Indiana State U. Police officer honored with Artz Award
Thursday was a special day for Indiana State University Police Officer Christopher Heleine in multiple ways.
City Council considering three for consultant
Three different tax professionals vied Thursday for a chance to become a “financial consultant” to the Terre Haute City Council.
Clay County sheriff warns of bank card scam
The Clay County Sheriff’s Department has received information regarding a scam targeting residents, according to a news release from the sheriff’s department.
State Police seek help with Sullivan County homicide
Indiana State Police detectives from the Putnamville Post are seeking help from the public with the nearly six-month investigation into the death of 85-year-old Lowell R. Badger, a rural Sullivan County farmer.
Man who attacked Vigo deputy arrested
A Terre Haute man accused of attacking a Vigo County sheriff’s deputy earlier this week is facing felony charges in the Vigo County jail.
INDOT to bid final 641 phase
The final construction phase of the 641 bypass is scheduled to let for bids on Dec. 11, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation.
District office moves north
The Southwest District office of the Purdue Extension service has been moved north from Vincennes to Terre Haute.
Day is done…
The sun sets Thursday evening as seen from south of Terre Haute.
Morning update: I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
The Washington State Patrol chief says the Interstate 5 bridge collapse into the Skagit (SKA'-jiht) River at Mount Vernon was caused by an oversize truck.
UPDATE: I-70 lanes in Putnam County now open
The west-bound lanes of Interstate 70 re-opened Thursday evening after being temporarily closed due to a crash near the Greencastle/Cloverdale exit.
22-hospital St. Vincent Health cutting jobs
INDIANAPOLIS — One of Indiana’s largest health systems says it’s cutting an undisclosed number of jobs by June 30 because of increasing economic and competitive pressure on the health care industry.
Update: Cleanup from overturned truck in Greene County continues
Fuel spillage from the dump truck hauling gravel that overturned this morning in Greene County at Indiana 54 and County Road 725 East near Ridgeport continues to restrict traffic to one lane.
17-pound bone found during Vigo flood cleanup
TERRE HAUTE — Crews cleaning up from Wabash River flooding in Vigo County came across a 17-pound bone that they believe might have come from an ancient mastodon.
Duke Energy gives $10K to Wabash Valley Red Cross for Vigo flood relief
Duke Energy is giving $10,000 to the Wabash Valley Red Cross chapter for flood relief from this spring’s heavy rains.
I-70 Frye Road overpass contract awarded; construction to begin May 28
The Indiana Department of Transportation has announced the Interstate-70 Frye Road overpass contract was awarded to Halverson Construction Co. Inc. from Springfield, Ill., for $317,166.
Banks of the Wabash Festival is more than just yearly entertainment
Pioneers think counterintuitively. Where others see widespread apathy, they focus on the possibility for progress. In a way, the 2013 Year of the River celebration began in the 1970s.
Planning session aims to better Terre Haute
It’s not yet clear what will come of it, but dozens of community leaders spent the whole day Wednesday trying to develop a plan – or collection of plans – to make Terre Haute “a better community.”
Education funding boost won’t benefit all schools
In the budget bill passed by the General Assembly last month, there is more money allocated for K-12 education over the next two years, but that doesn’t mean every school will get more dollars.
- Day of Action job options open
Park Board renames land around Memorial Stadium
Land surrounding Indiana State University’s Memorial Stadium on Terre Haute’s east side has been designated as Veterans Memorial Park, following a unanimous vote Wednesday from the Terre Haute Park Board.
Deputy suffers minor injury during incident
A Vigo County Sheriff’s deputy received a minor injury to his hand Tuesday night while subduing a drunken driving suspect who fled behind a North Terre Haute business.
Man accused of child neglect gets new trial date
An Oct. 15 trial date has been set for a Terre Haute man arrested in November for child neglect after he and his wife allegedly tied up and confined their adopted children in the family home.
Police find meth labs, arrest Pierson Township man
Police uncovered two active methamphetamine labs in southeastern Vigo County on Monday, leading to the arrest of a Pierson Township man.
New date set for attempted murder trial
A new trial date has been set for a Terre Haute woman charged with attempted murder.
- More Local & Bistate Headlines
- Ill. House approves guns plan opposed by governor