TERRE HAUTE —
Vigo County Jail Log
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement onFriday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, based on jail records. Charges are recommended by arresting officers but are not final until the Vigo County prosecutor reviews the case and files official charges.
• Steve Hoffman, 24, 2400 block of North 15th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:17 a.m. Theft.
• Luis D. Aguilar, 29, 2400 block of North 15th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:28 a.m. Theft, possession of paraphernalia and possession of marijuana/hash.
• Thomas M. McDaniel, 20, 1600 block of South Ninth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:32 a.m. Theft.
• Arlo A. Paletis, 29, 10 block of South 16th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 10:20 a.m. Bond revocation.
• James B. Stabler, 60, 2500 block of South 19th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 12:18 p.m. Public intoxication.
• Richard W. Williams, 30, 10 block of Foulkes Drive, Terre Haute. Booked 1:15 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Paul D. Hunt, 21, 1500 block of South Nucor Road, Crawfordsville. Booked 1:38 p.m. Disorderly conduct.
• Richard L. Friend, 36, 8600 block of South East Messer Road, Gelana, Kan. Booked 2:14 p.m. Possession of marijuana/hash and glue/paint sniffing.
• Monte M. Lesure, 34, 3400 block of North Ireland Drive, Indianapolis. Booked 3:35 p.m. Court order.
• Lisa A. Schwartz, 40, 4500 block of South Gaslight Place, Terre Haute. Booked 4:07 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Glen Lawson, 33, 6300 block of South Arlington Avenue, Indianapolis. Booked 5:04 p.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Lana A. Massey, 47, 2200 block of Boston Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 5:38 p.m. Leaving scene-property damage.
• James B. Stabler, 60, 2500 block of South 19th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 8:19 p.m. Criminal trespassing.
• Oscar E. Foster, 53, 2300 block of Locust Street, Terre Haute. Booked 8:46 p.m. Disorderly conduct and battery.
• Joshua M. Lankford, 33, 9100 block of North Baldwin Street, Fontanet. Booked 9:42 p.m. Failure to appear (four counts).
• Robert S. Miller, 37, 1900 block of Saint Joe Center Road, Fort Wayne. Booked 9:45 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Storm D. Sandifer, 20, 5600 block of Winthrop Court, Terre Haute. Booked 8:25 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Brandi L. Bryant, 27, 900 block of Springdale Lane, Terre Haute. Booked 2:13 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Michael E. Smith, 50, 2900 block of North 15 1/2 Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:45 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Brandy Flowers, 33, 4200 block of North 15th Street, Rosedale. Booked 5:24 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Jerry A. Ellinger, 36, 2900 block of South Thompson Street, Terre Haute. Booked 10:34 p.m. Violation of court order.
• Gary D. Wardlow, 32, 900 block of Indiana Street, Brazil. Booked 11:38 p.m. Criminal conversion.
• Ronald A. McCall, 42, 1500 block of Woodley Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 12:39 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Shawn M. Icenogle, 27, 4000 block of South Heritage Trail, Terre Haute. Booked 2:39 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Kyle R. Lutes, 23, 7400 block of Pinecroft Court, Terre Haute. Booked 4:23 a.m. Operating while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.
• Jordan A. Novotney, 27, 2600 block of Deming Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:33 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Jeffrey L. Whitsit, 20, 1500 block of Woodley Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 4:50 a.m. Disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Leland Carson, 29, 1400 block of Second Avenue, Terre Haute. Booked 5:13 a.m. Nonsupport of a child.
• Jon T. Marshall, 35, 2500 block of North 12th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:20 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Antonio O. Petty, 33, 1600 block of Sycamore Street, Terre Haute. Booked 5:36 a.m. Battery-domestic, strangulation and interference crime.
• David Y. Gilbert, 19, 1000 block of South Fourth Street, Terre Haute. Booked 7:37 a.m. Minor consuming.
• Lisa M. Dorsey, 41, 11400 block of Lake Road, Terre Haute. Booked 10:01 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Crystal Abel, 30, 4200 block of South Avery Street, Tell City. Booked 3:24 p.m. Theft.
• Harry E. Smith IV, 35, 900 block of North Chamberlain Street, Terre Haute. Booked 4:03 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Quron M. Kenebrew, 19, 1900 block of North Third Street, Terre Haute. Booked 7:23 p.m. Failure to appear.
• Ruben N. Wright, 29, 500 block of Swan Street, Terre Haute. Booked 9:48 p.m. Criminal trespassing and resisting law enforcement.
• Cynthia J. Bailey, 40, 11200 block of East U.S. 40, Terre Haute. Booked 1:13 a.m. Operating while intoxicated.
• Hanna M. Hankins, 24, 1800 block of North 13th Street, Terre Haute. Booked 2:41 a.m. Operating while intoxicated and possession of marijuana/hash.
• Randall West, 23, 800 block of South Sixth Street, West Terre Haute. Booked 2:58 a.m. Resisting law enforcement assisting a criminal.
Under the law, criminal charges are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
TERRE HAUTE —
Vigo County Jail Log
- Local & Bistate
Illinois Senate approves sex education bill
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — A proposal that revamps sex education in Illinois public schools to include information about contraception and sexually transmitted diseases has cleared the state Senate.
Gregg pondering 2nd run for Indiana governor
INDIANAPOLIS — Former Democratic gubernatorial candidate John Gregg is pondering another run at the state's top job, but has yet to make a decision.
Illinois senator apologizes for Nazi remark
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Illinois Sen. Donne Trotter has apologized for remarks that compared a member of Gov. Pat Quinn’s cabinet to a Nazi.
Vigo County Jail Log: May 22, 2013
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on jail records.
Rose-Hulman professor researching ways to make homes storm safe
Tornadoes produce greater uplift forces than hurricanes, which can flatten homes such as in Moore Okla., south of Oklahoma City.
Group wants to connect downtown Terre Haute with the Wabash River
Fairbanks Park is underutilized.
The Wabash River is peaceful and inviting, but there is some concern about its cleanliness as well as pollution levels. Also, people can’t get on the river unless they have a boat.
New conservancy district appoints first directors
Members of the first board of directors of a new lake conservancy district were appointed Tuesday by the Vigo County Board of Commissioners.
Vigo law enforcement signs Triad charter to protect seniors
Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller joined Vigo County law enforcement and community activists Tuesday to sign the county’s first Triad charter, becoming the 22nd Triad in Indiana.
Wabash Valley Red Cross wraps up Save the Day Campaign
The American Red Cross Wabash Valley Chapter’s 2013 annual meeting concluded the 17th annual Save the Day Campaign, and the results lifted the spirits of all who were involved.
Some Vigo roads washed out
Spring storms resulted in $250,000 in damages to roads in southern Vigo County, with costs including sand and labor to save homes near river bottoms, said county highway Assistant Superintendent Dan Bennett.
County Council votes $78K toward rail spur
County officials voted Tuesday night to make good on a 2011 promise to help improve a railroad spur just north of Terre Haute for Menard Inc.
Spring flooding damages future CSO holding lagoon
Flood waters from the Wabash River have done costly damage to one of the city-owned “lagoons” on former International Paper property.
Vigo tops state average for IREAD-3 scores
The Vigo County School Corp. exceeded the state average in the percentage of students passing the state’s mandatory Grade 3 reading test, IREAD-3.
Storms cause minor damage in Valley
Tuesday morning storms in the Wabash Valley caused thousands of Duke Energy customers to lose power.
Vigo County Jail Log: May 21, 2013
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on jail records.
UPDATE: Damage surveys show 2 weak tornadoes hit near Indy
INDIANAPOLIS — The National Weather Service says storm surveys show two weak tornadoes struck central Indiana.
Storm causes scattered Indiana power outages
INDIANAPOLIS — A line of thunderstorms that moved across Indiana caused scattered building damage and power outages for several thousand homes and businesses.
Kindergartner diagnosed with MD treated to a day with the fire department
“He’ll just never forget this day,” Stacey Manley said, a little bit tearfully, as she watched her smiling 6-year-old son Carter sitting happily in the captain’s seat of Fire Engine 2.
Casey, Illinois aims for another world record
The town of Casey, Ill., may soon weave its way into the record books as the small town with the most world records. After setting records for the world’s largest wind chimes and the world’s largest golf tee, Casey is now looking to become home to the world’s largest knitting needles and crochet hook.
Rose-Hulman projects will promote growth, learning for people with physical challenges
Life changed dramatically for college engineering student Drew Christy on Feb. 22, 2008 when he was involved in an auto accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury.
‘500’ gas stations being sold to Speedway LLC
After several decades in business, the area’s familiar “500” gasoline stations and convenience stores will soon be missing from the roadsides of Vigo and Sullivan counties.
Terre Haute woman faces 14 charges
A Terre Haute woman faces 14 criminal counts after her arrest Friday on drug-related charges.
Two adults injured in ATV accident
Two adults were injured Sunday evening while riding an all-terrain vehicle near Lexington Farms Subdivision off Moyer Drive in southern Vigo County.
Vigo schools’ medical claims down 4 percent
The Vigo County School Corp.’s medical claims were about $13 million over the last 12 months, down 4 percent from the prior year, said Diane Titchenell, an Anthem account manager that works with the school district.
2013 Government Directory now available
The 2013 Government Directory is now available.
UPDATE: 5 killed, 6 injured in I-70 van crash in Illinois
ST. LOUIS — A van carrying church members returning from a California gathering careened off of a southern Illinois freeway and overturned several times today, killing five people and sending six others to hospitals, authorities said.
2 children reported dead from Indianapolis fire
INDIANAPOLIS — Authorities say some autistic children lived in the Indianapolis condominium unit where a fire has killed two children.
Tighter Indiana drunken driving law seems unlikely
INDIANAPOLIS — Some key Indiana legislators say it’s unlikely that the state will any time soon go along with a federal safety board’s recommendation that the threshold for drunken driving be cut nearly in half.
Vigo County Jail Log: May 20, 2013
The following individuals were booked into the Vigo County Jail by area law enforcement on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, based on jail records.
Life-Size Ping Pong: Valley pickleball tourney draws large crowd to Brittlebank Park
It’s been described as “ping pong on steroids.”
Some people call it “life-size ping pong where you stand on the table.”
- More Local & Bistate Headlines
- Illinois Senate approves sex education bill