TERRE HAUTE —
For more information and/or sites, contact the numbers listed.
Edgar County, Ill.
• Cancer Friendship Group, meets 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, conference room B, Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center. Shelly Roark, family nurse practitioner will discuss anxiety and cancer treatments. For more information call (217) 465-2606, ext. 290.
• Caregiver Support Group meets 3 p.m. today in conference room B, Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center. Steve Benefiel, local pharmacist will discuss medication needs for elderly. For more information call (217) 465-2606.
• Multiple Sclerosis support group will meet at 6 p.m.in the Hamilton Center, 620 Eighth Ave. The group meets the third Thursday of every month. For more information call (812) 299-8289.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness, Wabash Valley affiliate for improving the lives of people afflicted by serious and persistent mental illness, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Memorial United Methodist Church, 2701 Poplar St. Call Betty Porter at (812) 877-9950.
• Stroke Support Group, 6 p.m., Thursday, atrium conference room, lower level of Union Hospital East, 1606 N. Seventh St. Call (812) 478-4103.
Crawford County, Ill.
• Crawford County Triathlon, 175 meter swim, 12 mile bicycle ride and 3 mile run, $60 individuals and $75 or $85 team entries, check-in 6:30 to 7:30 a.m., Saturday, Lincoln Trail College cafeteria. Call (618) 544-8657, ext. 1130 or visit www.crawfordcountytriathlon.com.
• Zoomtown 5K Covered Bridge Run/Walk, registration begins 7 a.m. with kids race at 7:45 a.m. and adults race at 8, Saturday, 4338 W. 40 N and U.S. Highway 36, Rockville, for more information call (765) 592-0821.
• Pampered Chef event will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at Union Hospital Clinton, 801 S. Main St., (765) 832-1311.
n Big Brothers Big Sisters class for ages 3 to 10 to prepare for the arrival of a new baby meets 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday in Union Hospital, west lobby, register by calling (812) 478-4137.
• “Living with Alzheimers: From the Middle Stage Caregiver,” 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Vigo County Public Library, registration required, call 1-800-272-3900.