Special to the Tribune-Star
With picnics and family reunions coming up, here is an easy recipe to take. Most take Rice Krispie treats. Here is a Corn Chex mix. It is really good. Make sure everyone knows this has peanut butter in it. Our grandkids love these even though they’re grown. Even grandma likes these. I used to make a snack with these ingredients with butter and peanut butter (I use chips) that was also good. I also liked peanuts in the snack. This is my version of snack squares.
2 1⁄2 cups pretzel sticks (break in half)
2 cups Corn Chex (can use different Chex cereal)
1 1⁄2 cups M&Ms
1⁄2 cup butter or margarine
1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
5 cups miniature marshmallows
• Combine pretzels, Corn Chex, and M&Ms.
• In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and peanut butter.
• Add marshmallows.
• Cook and stir until marshmallows and mixture is smooth.
• Pour over Corn Chex mixture and stir to coat.
• Press into a 9-by-13-inch pan.
• Cool until firm and cut into squares.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.