Special to the Tribune-Star
With grilling in full swing, here is a very easy recipe. You can use the oven or put it out on the grill. This recipe comes from Rose Hill Community Church. It has some good recipes. When you open up the foil, have some sour cream, extra cheese, chopped green onions (or regular onions) in bowls so your family and guests can top with whatever they like. I also have put onions and green peppers with potatoes but that’s what we like for a different taste.
Meal-in-One Taco Chicken Dinner
4 chicken breasts
4 small potatoes, sliced thin
8 tablespoons salsa
shredded cheddar cheese
4 teaspoon taco seasoning
• Cut four squares of foil and spray with cooking spray.
• Spread potato slices into the center of foil
• Top with one chicken breast.
• Sprinkle 1 teaspoon taco seasoning over each chicken breast.
• Then top with some cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa.
• Seal foil into little pockets.
• Bake each packet at 400 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
For your grill, cook until juices run clear and chicken is done.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and any topping you desire.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.