I volunteer at the Marshall Distribution Center. My friend, LaDonna, also works there. During the holiday season some of us make cookies, breads or candy for everyone to try.
This candy LaDonna brought in last December was wonderful. We were all blown away when she told us it was made with mashed potatoes. Cook your potatoes and mash, but do not season. Sure hope you enjoy these as much as we all did.
Thanks LaDonna, for sharing.
1 medium potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
1 box powdered sugar
1 small or medium jar peanut butter
• Boil potato for about 20 minutes.
• Cool and mash in a medium-size bowl.
• Add powdered sugar; mix with hands because dough will be very thick.
• Spread over a table or board.
• Roll out dough to
• Spread peanut butter over dough.
• Roll dough in an oblong shape.
• Slice dough about 1/2-inch thick or smaller.
• Place on waxed paper and let set for 20 minutes or until firm.
Yield: Makes about two dozen or more.
Note: You can add food coloring as you mix the dough: red and green for Christmas; yellow, pink, blue, etc. for Easter.
Jackie Lindley is a great-grandmother and retired Clark County, Ill., farmer. Send comments and recipes to her at 20472 E. 500th Road, West Union, IL 62477.