- Breaking News
- WEATHER UPDATE: Wednesday's IU-PU game postponed The Purdue-Indiana basketball game, originally scheduled for Feb. 14, has been postponed until Thursday, Feb. 15, at 7p.m. ET due to the ongoing weather situation in the state of Indiana Purdue announced Tuesday afternoon.
- CLOSING UPDATE: Vigo County Schools, Well Child Clinic closed Wednesday The Vigo County School Corp. announced Tuesday afternoon that all county school will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2007.
- Jon Holloway resigns as Director of Golf for City of Terre Haute Jon Holloway, Director of Golf and head golf pro at Hulman Links Golf Course, has resigned in order to accept a position locally in the private sector.
Indiana Office of Technology reports security breach of Web site
The Indiana Office of Technology today mailed approximately 5,600 letters to citizens and businesses notifying them of a security breach of the state Web site that compromised their credit card numbers.
Recipients of the letters are encouraged to call the Indiana Web site security hot line at 1-888-438-8397 if they need additional information.
- Tonight's West Vigo-Sullivan boys basketball game postponed Due to the water problems that caused West Vigo High School to dismiss early today, Thursday night's West Vigo vs. Sullivan boys basketball game has been postponed.
Snow postpones Wabash Valley athletic events
What kind of weather is Indiana supposed to get for high school basketball sectional time? Oh yes, snow.
And the snow that fell Tuesday was enough to cause postponements for all of the sectionals that include Wabash Valley teams.
- UPDATE: Travis Smith funeral mass moved to St. Benedict Church The Wednesday morning funeral service for Travis Smith has been moved to St. Benedict Church, 111 South 9th Street, in downtown Terre Haute accorging to DeBaun Funeral Home.
- Indiana State to play host to Miami (Ohio) in Bracketbuster The Indiana State Sycamores will host the Redhawks of Miami (Ohio) in this year’s O’Reilly ESPNU BracketBusters series.
- Terre Haute to host IHSAA Cross Country Championship through 2011 IHSAA Commissioner Blake Ress announced today a five-year agreement, in principle, with Terre Haute North High School and the Terre Haute Convention & Visitors Bureau to host the IHSAA Cross Country State Finals.
UPDATE: Four kids, mother from Amber Alert found safe; ex-boyfriend arrested
Police say a mother and her four children abducted on Saturday have been found safe and her ex-boyfriend arrested.
- UPDATE: Watergate figure E. Howard Hunt dies at 88 E. Howard Hunt, who helped organize the Watergate break-in which led to the greatest scandal in American political history and the downfall of Richard Nixon’s presidency, died Tuesday. He was 88.
- INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! A comeback, a drive, a legacy. And yes — finally — Peyton Manning gets his Super Bowl trip, too.
- Chicago Bears defeat New Orleans Saints to reach Super Bowl XLI Relax, Chicago. Rex Grossman and Da Bears are indeed good enough for this Super Bowl, and they’ve already made it a historic one.
Holocaust survivor Eva Kor urges Indiana lawmakers for more education on subject
Holocaust survivor Eva Kor spent part of her childhood at the Auschwitz concentration camp.
She never saw her parents again and became a subject of Nazi doctor Josef Mengele’s genetic experiments. She saw corpses of children who died in filthy conditions. All before age 11.
- Saddam's half brother, court chief hanged Saddam Hussein’s half brother and the former head of Iraq’s Revolutionary Court were both hanged before dawn Monday, Prosecutor Munqith al-Faroon said, two weeks and two days after the former Iraqi dictator was executed in a chaotic scene that has drawn worldwide criticism.
- ISU beats Wichita State, shares Missouri Valley lead The Sycamores are 4-1 in MVC play.
- Rose women's basketball team receives first votes in national poll The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's basketball team received votes in both NCAA Division III national top 25 polls for the first time in the history of the program this week.
Fire destroys Terre Haute restaurant
A fire early today gutted Dick's Bodacious BBQ at 315 Davis Ave.
The fire started in the kitchen in the front of the building. It is considered a total loss.
Terre Haute firefighters were on the scene for about 45 minutes.
Millions of acetaminophen pills recalled
Recall: 11 million bottles of store-brand acetaminophen.
Perrigo Co., a major manufacturer of the pain-relieving pills, discovered some pills were contaminated with metal fragments. The discovery was made during quality-control checks.
The recall affects bottles containing various amounts of 500-milligram caplets.
- Schnitker, Booe no longer on ISU basketball team The Indiana State men's basketball team has two more scholarships available after two players decide not to return.