TERRE HAUTE — Community calendar events for Vigo County.
• Disabled American Veterans van transport to Indianapolis VA Hospital, leaves 6 a.m., from parking lot of Denny’s Restaurant, Third and Poplar streets; to reserve a seat, call Veteran’s Assistance Center, Vigo County Annex, 812-462-3261.
• Free blood pressure, blood glucose screenings, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Minority Health Coalition Inc., 1101 S. 13th St., 812-234-8713.
• HOPE registration, free spay and neuter program for Terre Haute residents, must bring picture ID, proof of current residency, and proof of government assistance, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Salvation Army, 234 S. Eighth St.; call ahead for eligibility., www.vigoanimals.org or 812-232-7729.
• Blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., sponsored by Indiana Blood Center, Dede II, Hulman Memorial Student Union, Indiana State University, 800-632-4722.
• Free tutoring program for first through 12th grade, 4:30 to 6 p.m., Charles T. Hyte Community Center, 618 Wabash Ave., 812-234-0724 or 812-223-1330.
• Terre Town Community Association meeting, 6 p.m., in the school media center.
• Faculty gala concert, 7:30 p.m., University Hall Theater, Indiana State University, presented by ISU School of Music. Event is part of the ISU semester-long series “Our Town.”