• Downtown Farmers’ Market, fresh fruits and vegetables, organic meats and eggs, live plants and herbs, alpaca fleece, 8 a.m. to noon, Clabber Girl parking lot, Ninth and Cherry streets; interested participants call (812) 299-5404.
• Free computer lab for job search purposes, daily, also access to phone for local calls; resume building software and self-taught tutorials, 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Wabash Valley Goodwill Industries, 600 S. Third St., (812) 235-1827, ext. 236.
• Green Change Yard Sale (For prevention of child abuse), many new items, 12 noon to 7 p.m. Americans Best Value and Suites, (behind Bob Evans on Margaret Ave.) (812) 244-0496 or (812) 239-5857.
• Pet shot clinic, $12 for rabies shots; other shots also available, 1 to 4 p.m., Pet Food Center, 176 W. Honey Creek Parkway.
• Summer Fest featuring live music, bike cruise-in, cook-out and bake sale, $5 per platter of food, 4 to 7 p.m., House of Hope 5525 W. U.S. Highway 40, Brazil, (812) 466-1717.
• St. Ann’s charity auction presented by Wabash Valley Motorcycle Club, 5 p.m. Fraternal Order of Police, 1655 S. 14th St., (812) 533-1024.
• First Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Salsa Dancing for Cuba - Fundraiser for Humanitarian Aid, 1875 S. Fruitridge Ave., dinner, 6 p.m.; dancing, 7 p.m.; dinner and dancing, $6 and children free. 235-8351.
• Air National Guard Band of the Great Lakes Concert (Triple Nickel Band), 8 p.m., Fairbands Park. (812) 535-6440 or (812) 243-2581.
Clark County, Ill.
• Mayhem at Mill Creek with 10K trail run and fun mini mayhem, events begin at 8:30 a.m. CDT, Mill Creek Park, visit www.clarkcountyparkdistrict or call (217) 889-3901.
• Walk to Remember registration deadline, event scheduled for 2 p.m., EDT July 22, at Deming Park, $10 registration fee; for more information visit www.compassionatefriends.org or register by phone at (812) 251-7815 or (812) 236-7384.
• Safe Sitter class, $35, for ages 11 through 13, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center, register by calling (217) 465-2606.
• Rotary club of Brazil’s 77th Annual 4th of July Celebration: Forest Park, Brazil; 7:30 a.m. Firecracker 5k Walk Run by YMCA; 8 a.m. Riddell National Bank Open Golf Tourney: 3 p.m. Midway opens, one price bracelets, $20; 7 p.m. Crystal Valley Quarter, Coon Holler Kids, P-150, Graybeard, Jeff Bridgewater, Sam Glover, Michelle McCrea, and Kandace Brown.
• Independence Celebration, featuring parade, flag raising, baby contest, country rhodes fish fry and fireworks display at dusk, 10:30 a.m., Aztec Park, parade line up at Reeder Park, Montezuma.
• Open house to honor retiring Representative Dale Grubb, 1 to 3 p.m., Rivercrest Golf Course banquet room, 14 Clubhouse Drive, Covington, (765) 363-3926 or (765) 585-5431.