• Disabled American Veterans van transport to Indianapolis VA Hospital, leaves 6 a.m., from parking lot of Denny’s Restaurant, Third and Poplar streets; to reserve a seat, call Veteran’s Assistance Center, Vigo County Annex, (812) 462-3261.
• Vigo County Fair featuring dairy cattle show, beef show, egg toss, 4-H/open class exhibits, flower arrangement workshop, carnival, frog jumping contest, round robin showmanship, UMP late model event and more, events begins 9 a.m., Wabash Valley Fairgrounds, visit www.vigofair.com for more information.
• Free blood pressure, blood glucose screenings, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Minority Health Coalition Inc., 1101 S. 13th St., (812) 234-8713.
• HOPE registration, free spay and neuter program for Terre Haute residents, must bring picture ID, proof of current residency, and proof of government assistance, noon to 2 p.m., Salvation Army, 234 S. Eighth St.; call ahead for eligibility., visit www.vigoanimals.org or call (812) 232-7729.
• Carry-in dinner, 5:30 p.m., Wabash Senior Activity Center, 300 S. Fifth St., (812) 232-3245.
• Parke County Council meets, 9 a.m., Parke County Emergency Operations Center, 110 E. High St., Rockville, (765) 569-3422.
• Dream Big-READ program for grades K through 5, featuring sidewalk art, movie, crafts and more, 11 a.m., Clinton Public Library, 313 S. Fourth St., Clinton, (765) 832-8349.
• “Paws, Scales and Summer Reading Tales,” for grades 6 through 12, 4:30 p.m., Clinton Public Library, 313 S. Fourth St., Clinton, (765) 832-8349.
• Vermillion County Area Plan Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals meet, 7:30 p.m., Commissioners’ Courtroom, second floor, Vermillion County Courthouse, Newport.